Saturday, September 27, 2008

Will your marriage be Fireproof?

It's been on my mind for quite some time that I would like to find a way for Premiere Couture to do more than just promote beautiful, memorable weddings but to also promote beautiful, lasting marriages. After all, that is the ultimate goal of every single one of my brides. While it would hopefully be obvious to anyone who meets Laura and me that marriage is very important to each of us, having the privilege of dressing a bride and her party for her wedding is a limited way to convey our true passion for strong marriages.

But I think I stumbled upon the first of hopefully many creative ideas to encourage you to make your wedding merely the beginning of a much longer, more fulfilling, more meaningful journey that is your marriage. Last night my husband and I went on a date to see the opening of the new movie Fireproof. It is an unapologetically Christian view of marriage that conveys a great deal of insight into what it takes to make it last through the worse of "for better or worse." After watching it we left feeling both thoughtful and thankful for knowing that we both understand what real love is. So far we have only been married seventeen great years and we have certainly seen hard times and I'm certain there will be more, but I am increasingly confident that we know the secret of genuine success. I think you might, too, after watching this movie.

Go see Fireproof yourself, bring your ticket stubs in and we'll give you a $50 gift certificate that can be used towards anything in the store, anytime and with very little restriction. Don't want to see the movie but maybe just poke at the ideas behind it? Visit FireproofMyMarriage.com.

1 comment:

Monica said...

Thank you for posting this, Rosemary! I just saw the Fireproof last night. I thank God for it and I'd recommend it to every couple, married or engaged. The fact that you really understood this movie and the values it promotes makes me look forward to meeting you one day.