Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Soul Surfer

If you've followed along our blog for a length of time you know that we LOVE movies! Just this past Sunday my sweet hubby Jay and I saw Soul Surfer. My first impression of Soul Surfer was that it while it was a little cheesy, "somewhere between cheddar and jalapeno jack" to quote the movie, it was still an exceptional and inspiring story. Bethany Hamilton's story is definitely worth sharing. I ended up liking it enough to go back yesterday with my eleven-year-old daughter, my sister and my mother. It was the perfect girls' day out and I liked the movie even more the second time around and couldn't remember what I thought was at all cheesy about it. Go see it - you'll love it!

(And it was just what we thought, Toni - Bethany did her own stunt surfing! But so did her best friend Alana Blanchard. I thought that was pretty awesome!)

The credit for this photo of Bethany surfing in Indonesia in 2009 is given to Noah Hamilton, Bethany's older brother who is clearly gifted as well. What an incredible family!


No comments: