Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Small town charm

Laura and I are two small town girls; both born and raised and now living in Edgerton. In fact, one reason we love our Monroe Street location is because even though it is in the midst of a much larger city than our home town, it has the feel of a tight knit community. We thoroughly enjoy working in the rich and varied culture of Madison and equally appreciate the simple charm of small town living. Many mini meccas such as ours have little known claims to fame and Edgerton is no exception. One of them is that it is a childhood home of Sterling North, author of the children's classic "Rascal." The Sterling North Society, in an effort to fund the upkeep of his childhood home, hosts the Sterling North Society Talent Show each year, this year being the eighteenth. The talent show offers just what you would expect of such a show and yet much more. It was truly two and half hours well spent. Of course, I admit a bit of a bias as three of the twenty acts were family. So I offer to you those three acts. First, Manifold, a young band comprised of my two eldest sons, two of my nephews and two of their good friends. Second is my perpetually entertaining father, Jim Hodges, aka Tennessee Jim, and the third is my very talented nephew, David Flood, of whom I have posted previous performances. I hope you enjoy!


No comments: